Salary / Hourly Rate
£10.00 per hour + bonus
Purpose of the job
Do you have assembly experience or a background in woodwork/ carpentry?…
Perhaps you have previously worked as a general hand, builders mate or chippy…
Or maybe you have a keen interest in DIY and are confident in using hand held tools at home…
If so, we have a great opportunity available for you to join a well-established, industry leading, designer and manufacturer of high end bespoke home fittings.
You will join their large, growing production site in Wisbech as an Assembler working as part of a friendly team.
This is a full time, permanent position. Ideally, we are looking for someone to start on Monday 24th February but, the start date can be delayed for someone who needs to work a longer notice period.
This is a great company to work for with attractive employee benefits. This is a company who cares well for their staff, which is reflected in the longevity of their employees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble kitchen carcasses using a variety of materials including MFC, MDF and solid timber frames and doors
- Maintain a high standard of workmanship whilst working at a pace to contribute to the productivity bonus
- Ensure your work area is clean and tidy at all times
- Adhere to company H&S polices
- To help colleagues within the team as and when required and assist in other departments when needed
Skills and experience required:
- Previous assembly/ woodwork experience preferred but not essential
- Confident in using a variety of hand held tools
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Able to carry out work without supervision
- An eye for detail, ensuring quality standards are met at all times
- Agile and physically fit
- Monday to Thursday, 7am to 4pm (with a 20 minute paid AM break, 15 minute paid PM break and 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
- Friday, 7am to 1pm (with a 20 minute paid AM break)
- £10 per hour
- After the probation period, you will be eligible for the monthly team production bonus (typically, staff take home an additional 30-35% in bonuses)
- Other benefits include a loyalty bonus, time-served additional holiday days, staff discount, pension scheme, on site facilities, free car parking and PPE
This is a great time to join the company with opportunities of progression for the right candidates.
To apply, please submit an up to date CV and cover letter.