Salary / Hourly Rate
Purpose of the job
Established for over 100 years, our client is one of the UK’s leading producers and distributors of fabric sample books. Produced from their site in Wisbech, the fabric sample books are used by many of the country’s leading fabric producers.
With a wide range of clients, they are looking for a new Customer Accounts person to join their successful team.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of one year’s experience of customer accounts and will be adept and skilled at working closely with clients, ensuring that their needs are successfully met.
Ideally, you will have some experience of working with sales targets, ensuring that those targets are met.
You will be a confident person and enjoy talking to a diverse range of clients.
You will have good administrative skills, be computer literate and numerical.
Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 8.30 am – 5 pm (1 hr. lunch). Friday 8.30 am – 3 pm (1/2 hr. lunch )
Duties and Responsibilities
To establish & grow long lasting customer relationships, through excellent customer service and high levels of enthusiasm, with a view of creating an effective working relationship for the customer.
- Interpret and manage enquiries for your allocated customer accounts, learning and understand what the customer really wants and help them to specify it in an effective manner, to ensure the customer gets the product they want, whilst being commercially beneficially for the business.
- To have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to win an order at the best price, based on the customers set mark- up figure, commercial awareness and the company’s needs.
- Pro-actively contribute and make the best recommendations in order to achieve the yearly budget, mark up and golden steps for all your customer accounts.
- Taking ownership – ensure the right decisions are made at the right time in order for the customer to receive excellence customer service and high quality products from Pike Textiles.
- Ensure a high quality of work is maintained at all times, providing accurate & reliable information to all.
- Work closely with the customer, to learn and understand what they want the end product to “look like”. Creating accurate and reliable enquiries and populating the Oracle enquiry form with high quality information.
- Accurately type & send estimates to customers on time.
- Prepare monthly forecast figures for your accounts and actively contribute to monthly sales meetings, taking on any “calls to action” for your accounts as necessary.
- Visit the customer as required to build relationships, discuss job specifications and to aid management of the account.
- Actively source new customers for Pike Textiles, do you part to develop and grow them in accordance with the business’ future growth plans.
Skills and experience required:
The position will suit candidates who have an interest and passion for fabric designs.
For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the area’s most successful and dynamic companies.
Hours: 8.30 am – 5 pm (Friday 3 pm finish)
Days : Monday – Friday