Salary / Hourly Rate
£42k - £45k
Purpose of the job
Our client is a leading supplier of steel profiles and engineering services to a wide range of markets in the south of England. Established for over 40 years in Andover, another aspect of the business is supplying wear parts to agriculture, mining & quarrying and waste processing industries.
An exciting opportunity to join the business has now arisen. The position of Depot Manager is a key position within the business and the successful candidate will take responsibility for ensuring the success of the business continues.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Depot manager is responsible for the day-to-day running of tall the branch operations.
The primary duties will include the following –
- Excellent leadership skills with good organisational skills
- Recruitment and mentoring of up to 7 staff which will include annual appraisals
- Managing customer base and developing plans to increase business
- Setting & monitoring budgets, ensuring sales targets are met and motivating staff to attain objectives
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Maximising growth, analysing turnover & profitability.
- Managing plate stock levels
- Dealing with suppliers of raw materials & agreeing service contracts
- Monitoring health & safety in the depot
- Collaborating with colleagues from our head office
- Maintaining detailed computerised records and reporting all branch office activities and operations, including stock control, sales and other commercial monthly reports to the board
Skills and experience required:
Depot Manager Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant engineering/manufacturing background
- Previous management experience essential
- Basic IT literacy and competency in Microsoft Office, basic CAD knowledge (Autocad or similar) and the ability to learn & use our own internal software packages
- Good communication skills
·The role is full time and hours are Monday to Friday 8 am until 5 pm
A competitive Salary of circa £42K – £45K. + bonus scheme
25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays per Annum
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
As soon as possible
Please share this job on your social media…
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to attach your CV and cover letter!