Salary / Hourly Rate
Purpose of the job
Our client specialises in the production, packaging, and distribution of fresh vegetables and are looking for an experienced Engineer to join their small and friendly team.
Main purpose of the role: Assist the Engineering Supervisor and Engineering Manager to provide our customer with a prompt and reliable maintenance service by carrying out proactive, re-active and continuous improvement activities targeted to reduce lost time.
This is an excellent opportunity to join well established and successful family business and good long term prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out risk assessments as required to ensure safety remains our priority while working
- Isolates defective equipment from all energy sources, checks visually for faults, tests mechanical and electrical parts for faults, isolates the problem areas and take corrective action to repair the problem.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on machines and equipment by checking for correct and optimal operation of the same and replacing worn and defective parts.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability
- The installation of electrical systems and associated equipment
- Complete all relevant administrative work, including but not limited to ordering and booking out of spares, recording of work completed, timely and fully
- Co-operate in completion of relevant training courses for updates as required
- Attend regular KPI meetings as appropriate
- Taking an active part in the on-call system if required
- Ensuring continuous improvement and drive for value for money.
- Implement all corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, and site-specific procedures
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and provide reports as requested by engineering management
- Managing new and old assets as and when necessary, ensuring the CMMS system is kept updated with new information
Skills and experience required:
- Encourage teamwork within the workplace by displaying the correct behaviours towards all members of staff
- Assisting with any other ad-hoc duties required across the departments
- Maintain a high standards of food safety
- Ensure confidentiality is practised throughout all duties
- Report any breaches of confidentiality to either the Office Manager or HR Manager
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
Working shift: 4 on 4 off (Night shift) from 18.00 pm to 6.00 am
Please share this job on your social media…
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to attach your CV and cover letter!