Salary / Hourly Rate
£30k - £35k.
Purpose of the job
Our client is the leading importer, packer and distributor of avocadoes in the UK. A highly successful, growing business, they have an exciting vacancy for a Food Technologist.
For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and friendly team and with good prospects to develop your career.
Duties and Responsibilities
To ensure that our client can demonstrate proactive compliance with our customer requirements for product safety, quality, authenticity and legality. Proactive supplier development to meet with key protocols and quality expectations. You will work closely with the Technical Managers and other internal teams to ensure customer specific and internal department KPI’s are met in full.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain supplier risk assessments
– Update supplier risk scores following pesticide, micro and authenticity results
- Manage a sampling and analysis programme – Pesticide, Microbiology and authenticity
- Ensure all customers have their due diligence demands met
- Ensure that suppliers have up to date certification and due diligence documentation:
- Agricultural systems – Global Gap, F2F, TN, LEAF, Organic
- Packhouse – BRC & equivalent where necessary
- Due diligence will include – Warranty statements, pre- and post-harvest records, food contact packaging certification or migration results, Approved PPPL’s, Actual spray records
- Maintain an up to date supplier approval list (growers and packhouses)
- Ensure suppliers are kept up to date with legislation and MRL changes and customer requirements
- Review grower spray programmes against retailer and banned/restricted lists and assist growers in identifying alternative / softer programs.
- Ensure all suppliers have appropriate SEDEX registrations.
- Understand customer requirements, protocols, policies and practices
- Complete internal audits as per the internal audit schedule
- Partake in 3rd party site audits including customer, BRC and Organic.
- Update weekly customer complaint databases
- Update Internal specifications and packaging control documentation
- Complete Monthly Benchmarking
- Review weekly shelf life performance by customer and report to the business
- Help collate data for end of season supplier summaries and quality improvement plans
- Assist the technical team in all other activities as required
- Overseas visits including supplier auditing and supplier development
Skills and experience required:
- Well organized and thorough with a concern for detail
- Able to prioritise and respond quickly to customer demands and supplier requests
- Good communication skills
- Strong IT competency
- Ability to work under pressure
- Passion for all aspects of technical / quality and product management
- Team player
- Fluent in Spanish
- Open to UK and global travel depending on business needs
- Understanding of the importance of product testing – pesticide, microbiology and authenticity
- Retailer and industry technical compliance systems experience
- Internal auditor trained
Hours: 40 hrs/ week.
Salary; £30k – £35k.
Please share this job on your social media…
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to attach your CV and cover letter!