Salary / Hourly Rate
Wormegay, Kings Lynn
Purpose of the job
Our client is a third-generation business that grows, processes, and markets vegetables for food manufacturing in the UK and Europe, and is looking for a Hygiene Operative to work on Nights.
The main purpose of this job:
To ensure the factory equipment and environment are cleaned to achieve a consistently high hygiene and food safety standard, by company requirements and customer policies/codes of practice.
To work in accordance, at all times, with Health & Safety and COSHH standards, Cleaning Instruction Cards and procedures. To work as an active and responsible member of the Hygiene Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhering to work allocated by the Charge Hand/Manager in the area of cleaning, to ensure the hygiene plan is achieved on time and in full and to agreed standards.
- Clean all factory equipment and environmental areas, as scheduled, on a daily/weekly basis. This will include rotation around areas/equipment as required and as trained against.
- To operate in full accordance with cleaning instruction cards for the tasks trained.
- To have good attention to detail, checking that all cleaning activities have been completed in full to the required standard, preventing the risk of cross-contamination, and taking appropriate corrective action if hygiene standards are not met.
- To complete all documentation in full as required.
- To have a full and comprehensive understanding of the use of cleaning chemicals on site, as per Cleaning Card instructions.
- To have a full understanding and work in full compliance with the COSHH and H&S procedures on-site at all times.
- To ensure all control panels/motor housings/sensors (sensitive equipment) are fully covered before carrying out any hygiene duties, and no parts are damaged by water ingress.
- Following specifications/operating instructions when using chemicals including Health & Safety.
Skills and experience required:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
Basic Food Hygiene L1 COSHH Training including cleaning methodology
Good understanding of Health and Safety/Training including Manual Handling
Good listening and communication skills Attention to detail Reliable, flexible, and adaptable
Good Team Player Able to work on own initiative
Job Types: Full-time, Temp to perm
Hours: 19.00 – 05.00
Monday – Friday
£12.37 per hour
Please share this job on your social media…
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to attach your CV and cover letter!