Salary / Hourly Rate
Negotiable on experience
Purpose of the job
Are you an experienced Maintenance Engineer/ Technician with a mechanical bias?
Would you like a new challenge working for a successful and rapidly growing business?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you to join one of the UK’s leading plastic recycling companies at their big, expanding site in Wimblington.
This is a full time, permanent position with a direct contract with our client. Interviews will be taking place mid January 2020.
This is a fantastic company to work for who invest heavily in their employees training, competence and qualifications for future development and progression.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Mechanical maintenance on heavy process plant / power generating equipment (conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, compressors, hydraulics etc.)
- To aid in the design and implementation of planned and preventative maintenance (PPM) across the site, as well as responding to breakdowns.
- To keep records of inspections and servicing
- To make recommendations on improvements to any system in the plant in order to improve safety and efficiency.
- Report any unsafe working practices carried out
Skills and experience required:
Successful candidate will need:
- Proven experience working within an Industrial, Factory or similar environment as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer/ Technician
- ONC/ HNC (desirable not essential)
- NVQ Level 2 in plant maintenance (desirable not essential)
- Plastic recycling and extrusion machinery knowledge (desirable not essential)
- Positive attitude and high energy levels
- Flexible approach
- Customer focused
- Well organised
- Team player
- 4 on, 4 off- day shift, 7am to 7pm
- 12 hours fully paid, breaks inclusive
- You will also be required to be on call – out of hours call out on a rotational basis
- A very competitive salary, negotiable on experience- Please specify your salary requirements in your cover letter when applying
- Any call out worked hours are paid at an overtime rate