Salary / Hourly Rate
Negotiable on experience
Purpose of the job
Do you have experience working as a Hygiene Supervisor/ Team Leader in a food manufacturing environment?
If so, we have a great opportunity available for you to join a successful, leading business specialising in the vegetable processing sector.
Working at their large, busy food production site in Upwell near Wisbech, they are looking for a Hygiene Supervisor to be responsible for the night shift cleaning activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the night hygiene team, ensuring completion of all operational hygiene activities in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure the safety and welfare of the hygiene team members whilst on site
- Motivate, train and develop the hygiene team to ensure the cleaning schedules are met and promote a multi-skilled team with a positive work ethic
- Maintenance and completion of all documentation i.e. training, hygiene records etc.
- Plan labour resource effectively, including staff holidays and absence, ensuring adequate team coverage at all times and full completion, on time, of all hygiene operations
- Support the Hygiene Manager and Technical team with customer visits and audits
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a food manufacturing environment within a hygiene role
- Previous hygiene supervisor/ team leader experience is highly preferred however, experienced hygiene operatives looking to take on a new challenge will also be considered
- Good sound knowledge of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Manual Handling and COSHH
- Excellent communication
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude able to motivate and lead a team
- Able to identify problems that impact on performance and to be able to deal with problem-solving challenges
- Own transport essential due to rural location
- Weekly rotating shift pattern
- Week 1- Monday to Friday, 6pm to 4am
- Week 2- Sunday to Thursday, 6pm to 4am
- Competitive salary negotiable on experience
Apply today if you are looking for a new challenge at a well-established, growing business!