Salary / Hourly Rate
£10/hr - £12/hr.
Purpose of the job
An exciting opportunity for someone to join a UK leading Plastic Recycling Company, who are part of a Global Manufacturing Group
We are looking for a laboratory assistant who is keen to and eager to learn and maintain the day-to-day duties essential for running a busy laboratory.
The ideal candidate needs to have attention to detail, good team working skills and communication skills and be able to work within a fast paced laboratory and production environment, therefore, good time management skills as well as shift work (4 on – 4 off).
The role will consist of testing material prior and pre-production to ensure it is fit for production and customer specification.
This is a temp. to perm. position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities include:
- Collecting samples from the production department
- Preparing the samples for testing and analysis
- Conducting laboratory tests using multiple laboratory equipment
- Recording and analysing data
- Undertaking controlled experiments and trials
- Perform calculations and analysis on the test results
- Follow safety rules and safe system of work procedures
- Maintaining, cleaning the laboratory and the equipment
- Any other duties required in line with your experience and skills
Skills and experience required:
You will have a minimum of 1 year’s quality control experience.
Previous knowledge and experience of plastics and Laboratory experience are desirable but not essential; previous manufacturing experience would be a bonus.
Our client is a growing and successful business and offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
19.00 – -7.00
Shift: 4 NIGHTS ON / 4 NIGHTS OFF