Salary / Hourly Rate
Salary £40k - £50k, DOE.
Purpose of the job
Our client is the UK’s leading importer and distributor of avocados. A highly successful and growing business, they now have a vacancy for a Technical Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the food sector’s leading businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage all technical / quality aspects of the UK business in conjunction with Head of Technical, National Account Managers and Procurement Managers related to the purchasing of products supplied to its customers.Responsible for all technical / quality product compliance at the Westfalia Fruit UK production sites.
- Effectively manage line reports ensuring KPI’s are being meet in full.
- Ensure weekly trackers for each product line / source are prepared and distributed to the customers.
- Build successful working relationships with the key customer technical contacts.
- Carry out regular customer visits, to go over supply quality issues and address any complaints received in a proactive manner.
- Help drive the category forward by successfully launching new products to point of sale.
- Follow through rejections with the depot and technical manager to a satisfactory close to ensure there are no rejection recurrences for the same issues.
- Maintain customer service & complaint/refund levels to agreed targets.
- Ensure quality systems and lines of communication are maintained at all times.
- Conduct audits of farms, packhouses, ports, third party storage facilities to ensure Greencell and the customers’ requirements are being met in full.
- Ensure all packaging is of the correct specification and adheres to all relevant legislation and customer requirements.
- Ensure pesticide usage and best horticultural practice is observed at all times by keeping abreast of pesticide legislation and customer requirements.
- Write and implement a “Quality Improvement Plan” ensuring it is realistic, achievable and all stakeholders internally and externally have been engaged with agreed timeframes for completion.
Health & Safety – Special Responsibilities
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To co-operate with employer, as far as necessary, in observing the requirements of the ‘Health and Safety at Work Act’ plus amendments and COSHH Regulations.
- You shall not, intentionally or recklessly, interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety welfare at work.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your work area is kept clean and tidy at all times. Any spillages within your work area should be dealt immediately in order to minimise risk of accident to yourself or a work colleague.
- You shall wear protective clothing or eye protection when provided by the Company
Skills and experience required:
Monday to Friday.
40 hrs. / week.
Flexibility to work 1 day at home per week.
£40k – £50k, DOE.
Please share this job on your social media…
CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW TO APPLY
Don't forget to attach your CV and cover letter!