Salary / Hourly Rate
£28,000 to £32,000 per annum, negotiable on experience
Purpose of the job
Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager or Supervisor?
Are you looking for a new challenge at a well-established, leading business?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you to join a friendly, family run manufacturing and distribution business at their large site in March, Cambridgeshire.
This is a full time, permanent position to be employed directly by our client. The role is available for an immediate start however, our client is able to wait for someone who needs to work a 4 week notice period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise a team of 36 people (including 4 Warehouse Supervisors, 5 Forklift Drivers and 27 Warehouse Operatives/ Packers)
- Manage the day to day warehouse operations
- Provide expert leadership, motivation and direction to the warehouse team, helping staff to continually develop and improve performance
- Ensure Health and Safety and company policies are adhered to at all times
Skills and experience required:
- Previous Warehouse Manager/ Supervisor experience ideally 10+ years
- Good sound knowledge of Health and Safety with an IOSH qualification
- Physically fit- able to lift heavy loads by hand if and when required (e.g inspecting/ checking goods or helping to move stock)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Well organised, able to plan and work in a fast paced, busy warehouse environment
- Proactive, self-motivated
- Able to lead by example
- Computer literate
- Forklift counterbalance license, preferred but not essential
- Monday to Friday, 10am to 7pm (with 1 hour unpaid lunch)
- There will be a need for some flexibility with regards to hours. Warehouse operations run from 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday so, there will be occasions where you may need to start/ finish earlier.
- Negotiable on experience, around £28,000 to £32,000 per annum
Please note this job requires a 2 step interview process;
- Step 1- An informal face to face interview or telephone interview with the recruitment agency
- Step 2- A formal interview directly with the Director
If you have not heard from us within one week of applying, we apologise that you have been unsuccessful with your application on this occasion. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback.